Today I actually learned a lot about how fashion happens globally. It turns out that most retailers get their information about what styles are going to trend through websites which are about 20,000 american dollars to subscribe to. Using this websites, companies can decide what to make and put into stores. Some companies do this with two large shipments throughout the year, while others do 2 shipments a week, creating a much more current inventory. I am still curious about how the websites get the trends so right. I think that it might be one of those things where the more people that believe it the more true it is. The more companies believe that these trend websites are right, the more those same companies make stuff depending on what they say, and the more people buy things from their stores because they believe that it is trendy because it is everywhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment